After all, doing so is a necessity: All real estate agents and brokers need to take a certain number of continuing education classes to maintain their real estate licenses, though requirements vary by state.
Fortunately, November is Designation Awareness Month and the Center of REALTOR® Development is offering 20 percent off all courses.
Now is also a good time to make sure your Code of Ethics training is up to date. Realtors are required to complete this training within two-year cycles, the latest of which ends Dec. 31, 2018.
For the especially motivated, consider taking online classes at the Graduate School of Real Estate through REALTOR® University. Students have access to a library of resources and can learn how to better understand and target specific markets, increase their business and create more referral opportunities.
For those interested in continuing their real estate education in a different manner, there are plenty of everyday options available for free.
We often link to top real estate news outlets such as Inman News, RISMedia and Realtor Magazine, as well as the real estate community Active Rain.
There’s also a host of Twitter handles, blogs and podcasts you can subscribe to or follow to continue your real estate education.
Great Twitter Handles in Real Estate
- Bill Gassett (@massrealty) – Self-described social media junkie, Bill is one of the long-standing top agents for RE/MAX Massachusetts.
- Teresa Boardman (@tboard) – Minnesota-based agent and blogger who writes about everything from contacting lenders to office décor.
- Cornelius Camp (@ccrealty2) – Highly active Chicago-based broker with a huge following and ever-current content.
- Russ Bergeron (@BergeronRuss) – Real estate tech guru and Vice President of Real Estate Digital (RED). Based in California, Russ posts informative, newsy content from a variety of sources.
- Katie Lance (@katielance) – Social Strategist and CEO/Founder of Katie Lance Consulting, Katie is also a regular contributor to Inman News and the Huffington Post.
Check out the rest of our list!
Great Real Estate Blogs
- Inman News – One of the first things I check when getting into the office each morning is Inman’s website and Twitter feed. They have tons of current, well-written content. A great source for agents and real estate enthusiasts alike.
- RISMedia – RISMedia is another excellent source of real estate news and trends, with plenty of human-interest stories that might be helpful to you.
- Adwerx – A marketing service for real estate agents that provides useful information on tech-related industry trends.
- Forbes – Forbes is obviously a renowned and respected news source; it posts an in-depth real estate page that’s useful to review. It’s got more of a financial focus, but checking it a few times a week is worth the effort.
- Zillow – A nice variety of tips, fun facts, and finance-based articles. A great place to learn DIY tips and find out how much LeBron James is selling one of his mansions for.
Check out the rest of our list!
While we haven’t dove into podcasts ourselves, these lists provide plenty of options related to whichever part of the real estate industry interests you.
Insightful Real Estate Podcasts for Top Producers (Fit Small Business)
Top 10 Podcasts for Real Estate Agents (Premier Agent)
Top 25 Real Estate Podcasts That Every Agent Should Follow (Park Bench)
No matter your learning preference, we hope you take advantage of these suggestions as you continue your real estate education in hopes of furthering your business and better serving your clients.
Are you a real estate agent looking for ways to save time and improve your feedback response rate? Learn how the ShowingTime Appointment Center can streamline the showing scheduling and feedback process so you can focus on more important tasks that help grow your business.