Human Resource Specialist
This position will support the Appointment Center management by performing a variety of HR and administrative functions. The AC Human Resource Specialist administrative duties include maintaining and managing HR documents for AC remote workers. Our ideal candidate will have experience with HR procedures, and must possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner. The AC Human Resource Specialist will also work closely with the corporate Director of HR.
ShowingTime Kansas Office, 7171 W. 95th Street, Suite 100, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Tuesday through Saturday.
Must be able to lift a 20-pound file box.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience as HR Administrative Assistant. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be willing to work extra hours during our fall open enrollment period and as warranted to meet the needs of the company.”.
- Should have an intermediate level understanding or higher of various programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have some familiarity with using HRMS platforms.
- Assist management with progressive disciplinary warnings.
- Familiarity with local and federal labor laws including ERISA and HIPAA.
- Excellent telephone, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to be discreet.
- Able to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Must be approachable and helpful.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and good ethical judgment.
- Learn about and become an expert user of our HRMS platform.
- Assists the Director of HR with the administration of employee benefits, which may include collecting and assisting employees submitting information.
- Assist with on-boarding, training, and open enrollment.
- Responsible for maintaining electronic personnel files.
- Preparing, issuing, and filing of company documentation.
- Performs administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to staffing changes.
- Reviews applications for entry-level and hourly positions; conducts and/or schedules interviews.
- Conducts new hire orientation to ensure consistency throughout the department.
- Work with the Director of HR to facilitate the distribution of AC Team correspondence from Corporate HR and AC management.
- Work regularly with the Director of HR on various projects.
- Update internal databases as required.
- Facilitate, and track response to employee queries.
- Employee Advocate.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.