Enterprise Systems Engineer
The Enterprise Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Enterprise Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
This individual will lead project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our projects. These activities include research & development; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the IT staff.
Strategy & Planning (20%)
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment (30%)
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
Operational Management (50%)
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to IT Staff for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to System Engineers.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent project management and risk management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to work with and across technology disciplines.
- 10 years Microsoft Exchange (2010 or later).
- 10 Years Active Directory (2008R2 or later).
- 10 Years Hypervisor (VMWare preferred).
- 10 Years Linux OS (CentOS, RedHat, etc).
- 5 Years with cloud offering (AWS, Azure, Google, Etc).
- The Systems Engineer will have a bachelor’s degree and 10 years of System Engineering experience, associate degree and 15 years related experience, or 20 years related experience.