ShowingTime is the market leader in cutting edge residential property showing management, feedback and analytics solutions. We have supported the evolving needs of real estate agents, offices, associations and MLSs within the US and Canada for the past 20 years. ShowingTime provides an array of solutions from an online platform for agents to schedule and manage showing requests to an in depth organically grown live customer service platform available around the clock, 365 days a year.
The DevOps Engineer role is to help improve our customer and operational experience by building functional and automated system deployments that align with business objectives. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as software engineering and Information Technology to deploy new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. You will need to a keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
- Effectively manage assigned projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Update processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and writing automation scripts.
- Assist in establishing DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI/CD and source control tools such as Jenkins, GIT/Bitbucket.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with infrastructure such as DNS, certificates, firewalls, load balancers and hypervisors
- Experience in working with Puppet or Ansible for automation and configuration.
- Strong experience with database technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Experience in an Agile environment using tools such as Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.